Sunday 14 March 2010

Last cycle of chemo

Well... the time has finally come for me to go back in to hospital this evening ready for tomorrow morning when I start my final 5 days of chemo - including a final spinal chemo session on Friday.
The only downside is after having such a wonderful week at home with Lynn and the boys - feeling like a family again, I'm going to be gone again for a few weeks which is quite upsetting for me.

Lynn has done a wonderful job of keeping me well fed, so hopefully I've put on a few pounds as I'll not be eating much hospital food as it's SO BAD! So I'll end up losing weight again.

I'm quite excited about getting on with the final treatment - get the recovery period out of the way and then coming home for good.

Of course - I still need to have the scans at the end of the treatment to make sure the chemo has worked... which I'm sure it will have.

Then it's a case of getting my strength and energy levels built up again so I can get back to normal life... being able to throw the kids around, back to work, etc... followed by a damn big party to celebrate beating cancer!

It's been quite a journey with a lot of ups and downs - but the end is in sight and can't wait to get back to normal family life!

See you when I get out of hospital folks and thanks for your support through all this - especially my wonderful wife, Lynn-Marie. You need a medal lady!

Nick

P.S. HAPPY MOTHERS DAY to all you Mothers out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.