Tuesday 23 February 2010

Bringing you up to date

Hello All

Sorry for no blog AGAIN... I have been poorly again with a septic throat so no visits to see my wonderful husband just text messages...it has been awful :( I sometimes wonder how the kids are coping not seeing daddy because just these few days of me not seeing him has hurt me like hell!

He has been having the roughest time too and I have felt so guilty that I have not been able to see him and help him through it.

Since Friday Nick has had to have a blood transfusion and antibiotics he has also had to have two lots of platelets and has had his last spinal chemo. He has been very sick and is not able to eat much due to mouth ulcers and he has has lost more weight - I think Nick and I have a competition going at the moment his weight loss is his treatment and mine is the stress of it all but I did not mind buying a new pair of jeans last week two sizes smaller than the last pair that I bought it put a big smile on my face :)

Nick was also fitted with a self dispensing pain killer machine so they can try and keep on top of the pain he is in.

He also went neutropenic yesterday so he has no immune system too.

So here we are cycle three complete recovery time now then one more 5 day cycle to go and recovery time again then it will be the big question....Was all this pain my lovely husband has gone through been worth while???? I know that meeting with the doctors will just be like the first time when we were told Nick had Cancer but hopefully it will be tears of joy this time around.

Fingers, arms, legs and toes crossed my love, I love you soooo much xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.