Sunday 17 January 2010

Saturday 16th January 2010

Hello All,

Yesterday was the first day I have ventured out for any length of time since Nick has been home...I just knew in the morning that I should not have done it! Nick had had a really unsettle night with his smell senses working overtime and even the smell of drinking water was driving him to annoyance :-/

When I got back I checked in on him and he was very pale and could hardly open his eyes so I phoned the hospital and they said to bring him straight in so I took him in yesterday afternoon, once again a VERY BIG THANK YOU to Terry and June my neighbours for stepping in to look after the boys at such short notice and to my sister and niece Natasha for coming down in the evening to sit with the boys once they were in bed.

When we got to the hospital they took some bloods and did his obs and they were all over the place and they immediately did an ECG which showed he was tachycardic - luckily a bed was becoming available as someone was being moved to another ward so Nick got a bed straight away. By the time I can away he had a little more colour and was more settled than he had been all day. One of his Chemo doctors is doing the ward round today so they will discuss all his obs with him then.

I will let you know more as and when I know but what I can say with a huge smile on my face is that it was brilliant to have Nick home for a short while even though 99.8% of his time was spent in bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.