Saturday 2 January 2010

Taking it's toll

Hello All,

I had an unplanned visit yesterday evening to see Nick he was not well....there are one or two infections starting to show even though he is in isolation i.e. urine infection and a really bad sore throat so as I left last night he was waiting for a doctor to come and see him.

It was the hardest visit yet for me last night, he was very weak and sleepy and could not hold much of a conversation and I must admit it really pulled on my heart strings to see him like that. He has coped so well with his treatment up until now (even to doctors and nurses keep commenting on how well he is dealing with the treatment) and now is the time that it all seams to have caught up with him.

I had a very restless night I am just hoping that Nick managed to get some rest I know that he was having his cocktail of IV drugs to see him through the night.

He is now also requiring more drugs every 6 hrs 24 hrs a day which counteracts the 23 hr IV that he had the other day and he is down for that until the 8th January or until his count recovers sufficiently enough.

We also got the results from the Liver scan eventually....after they have been chasing it up for over a week! All is well in that organ :) it is a group of blood vessels that have clumped together called a hemogoma and nothing to worry about.

A very big THANK YOU to Uncle Alan & Grace for sitting with the boys at such short notice yesterday and I am looking forward to seeing Joanna, Steve and Eleanor later today :)
That's all for now folks....I'll update the blog later once I have seen Nick today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.