Saturday 9 January 2010

What a difference a day makes :)

Hello All, it's me again.... :)

I have visited Nick this afternoon and I could tell from his voice this morning on the telephone that he was feeling much better within himself...his count has increase overnight from 0.1 to 1.1 which apparently is extremely good :) and the doctor even stopped me on the corridor to say my husband has super human blood and that they have never seen all of someones blood counts increase to such a high level in such a short time....but then again I always knew I had married someone special all those years ago ;) and he has put 5lb on from the stone he lost so the 'build up' shakes that he is on are working :)

Although he is still in isolation for now he managed to walk down to the ward (about 25 yards) to say HI to the friends he had made in there before he was put into isolation which really helped cheer him up :)

By the time I got there he was sleepy and had a good nap for about an hour then we had a visit from Uncle Barry, Aunty Angela and Emma - thank you for calling in XXX

Whilst blogging I would also like to thank Graham (our neighbour) who stepped in to visit for me yesterday at such short notice. Graham - I have told him you called for a pint on your way home and it put a huge smile on his face :)

Crikey I do not think I have put so many smiles on one blog but today it is worth it and I am sat here typing this with a very big smile on my face so very very proud of my husband. I love you honey xxx

We are just waiting now to speak to his chemo doctor to see what they are going to do next week - he was due to start his next round of chemo on Monday but we are not sure if they are going to give him a break to fully recover from the infection he has had which means they will hopefully let him come home for a few days and then let him go back in for the next round or they will may be push straight ahead as planned but with no break - we shall see! :)

Right I am off for my tea.

Bye :) :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.