Saturday 2 January 2010

A very poorly hubby :(

Hello All,

The lovely Hey's came to visit today from Harrogate (it was great to see you guys and have that long awaited cuddle from Joanna) while they were here they looked after the boys for me while I visited Nick and took him an up to date photograph of Oscar and Isaac.

He is extremely poorly today....the nurses called a doctor out to see him at about 3.30 ish this morning...his 23 hr chemo that he had has caused him to have mouth, throat and gullet ulcers so he is now on two different mouth washes, a throat spray and a morphine based painkiller every hour as well as his anti-sickness injections. At the moment he is unable to eat even though he keeps trying....I took him some cartons of fruit today but he only managed about 4 small peach slices, I have never seen a throat so raw :(

Tonight they will also be starting injections into his stomach to help raise his immune system.

He is very very weak and has been drifting in and out of sleep most of the day. The nurses are missing his drawings today that he leaves on his pee bottles for them (they need to measure all that goes in and comes out) but hopefully very soon in the near future he will be able to put a smile back on there faces.

That's about it for today folks I am off to get myself something to eat as it's been none stop since breakfast!

But before I go I would like to thank Steve, Joanna and Ellie for the thoughtful gift that they have given us today....it's a digital camera so that I can film a message from the boys and take it to Nick so he can see it and then send one back to them when he is well enough to talk.

A VERY BIG THANK YOU to you from US ALL. XXXX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.