Wednesday 2 December 2009

Bone marrow sample

Well... what can I say other than OOOOWWWWWW!
Actually - it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. There were a few sharp times and 2 very painfully times when he was going into the hip bone and extracting the marrow.

But - I managed it all WITHOUT gas and air ;) The really painful bits only lasted less than about 6 seconds - so by the time I would have asked for the gas and air then it would have been over!

So all in all - an interesting experience - and one I'm not especially wanting again! And if anyone reading this has to go through it then I would recommend gas and air BEFORE you start... as I can fully understand why they have it ready for people to use.

The whole thing was over and done with in about 20 minutes.

He then proceeded to show me the instruments he used and then the marrow itself. For all that bone cracking and pushing there wasn't a great deal there - but I guess enough for them to do with it what they need.

Roll on tomorrow when I start the Chemo - got to be at hospital for 9am. The start of beating this damn cancer!

Catch you later.

Nick (hard as nails) Dent ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.