Tuesday 22 December 2009

First Day complete

Hi All,

Nick started the day yesterday with chemotherapy through his central line early in the morning then at lunch time he was sent down for his lumber puncture and spinal chemo. When I saw him he was having to lay still for 4 hours after the spinal injection. It looks like we are not going to get any results from this for a few days as they need to culture the cells etc which I believe takes about 48 hrs which will take us up to Christmas Eve so Nick and I are hoping for the best Christmas present ever the words "all clear".

He was very cold and tired and it felt very odd to see him just laid there :( He had missed out on his lunch which he was not happy about but knowing Nick I am sure he will have made up for it when evening meal came around so long as the nausia had not set in!

The boys are really missing Nick already and it started with Isaac standing at the safety gate at the bottom of the stairs shouting DADDY, DADDY, DADDY thinking he was upstairs in bed - now that really tugged on my heart strings! Oscar knows where daddy is but he was very clingy to me yesterday and kept asking if Daddy was coming home from hospital yet.

I am not well at the moment so I am not sure when I will get around to blogging again it may be a couple of days... I have pick up the cold, high temperature and sore throat that Oscar and Isaac have had which has been keeping them both awake for the past week. I am more upset that I cannot visit Nick and be there for him but I know that staying away from him is in his best interest and in the meantime I am blasting this thing with Lemsip and medication 4 hourly so that I can get to see Nick again as soon as possible.

Stay strong for us our dear friends and family, speak to you all again very soon. x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.