Sunday 20 December 2009

Year in revue

Hi folks,

This is probably MY last Blog for a while - what with going in to hospital today, but Lynn will no doubt keep it updated on a regular basis.

Well... what a year it's been, we'll all be glad to see the back of 2009!

It all started in November 2008 when my Mum had a stroke. Then my Sister and Brother-In-Law lost their baby. Followed by Isaac been pretty much yucky and ill for 6 months until we got him diagnosed as dairy and protein intolerant. Then in July my Dad died at the age of 59! My Sister, Amy then had a pretty bad car crash. After that we thought nothing else can happen this year and roll on 2010 - HA, I soon put pay to that didn't I?

However... 2009 wasn't all doom and gloom, there have been some fantastic times, and wonderful things to look forward to in 2010.

My wonderful Sister, Amy and Brother-In-Law, Neil are expecting a baby boy in March. So hopefully I will be finished with my Chemo by the time he's born. I think I'll be racing them - me to get better before they decide on a name ;)

My cousin Julie got married - to a wonderful bloke, Stuart.

My cousin Richard and his wife Louise are expecting - literally any day now. HOLD ON UNTIL BOXING DAY... so your Mum can make it down ;)

Another cousin of mine, Joanne and husband Andrew are also expecting next year.

Made contact with some friends from the past.

The England Cricket team won the Ashes ;)

The England Football team qualified for the World Cup next year ;)

Ronnie Moore returns to Rotherham United ;)

(sorry if I've missed anyone/anything out... my head's a bit fuzzy these days)

So - roll on 2010, there are going to be a lot of things to celebrate.

Finally - a huge thanks to family and friends helping us get through this. We are more positive of beating this as we know you are all behind us and are there for us. The love, kindness and generosity means so much to us... THANK YOU.

Here's wishing you all a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year... all the best for 2010.

Catch up with you all soon.

Nick x x

P.S. Thanks to everyone for sponsoring me when I had my head shaved... Lynn will be collecting the cash in the new year ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.